The Family Place is hiring two kennel technicians!
Two (2) positions available: Monday-Friday, 7am-12 noon OR Saturday & Sunday, 7am-12 noon
Position Summary: Responsible for the basic care and feeding of animals at The Ann Moody Shelter. Assists in caring for pets, ensuring treatment is in line with safety standards.
• Feeds, walks, exercises, and bathes animals as needed in our care.
• Cleans up after animals both inside the facility and outside, and cleans animal runs and cages as needed; changes litter boxes and food/water bowls.
• Cleans equipment and facilities using chemicals and supplies; understands the importance of safety of use of chemicals in our facility.
• Maintains the facility as a whole by performing tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping/mopping floors, wiping counters, taking out trash, and checking equipment and supplies, washing and drying towels, etc.
• Ensure that cages and animals are properly numbered and identified and that personal property (toys, treats, blankets, leashes) are stored in the proper area identified.
• Record information such as feeding schedules, appearance, behavior of animals that are boarded.
• Assists other staff members on occasion with such tasks as helping restrain an animal, helping clients with their pets, etc.
• Assists in the upkeep of the constant flow of daily operational tasks that are essential to the animal care required by the Agency.
• Assists with all operational aspects of the kennel independently, using good time management skills.
• Transports food/supplies to pets and pet areas ensuring proper food safety handling guidelines is followed.
• Assists with organizing and inventory.
• Attends job related training and classes related to kennel operations and SPCA guidelines.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent and six months of experience working in a kennel. Work experience can be paid or non-paid (voluntary hours).
Job Type: Part-Time
Pay Rate: $12.26/hour