Hi! I’m Yvonne Ybarra, and I’m the owner and founder of Dallas Dog Life and the publisher of DallasDogLife.com! I believe that our canine companions are members of our family, and deserve the best care that we can provide.
My goals are to:
1) promote the socialization of dogs by informing pet parents about dog-friendly events and establishments,
2) research and provide feedback on local dog businesses,
3) help educate the Dallas community about responsible dog care, and
4) contribute to animal welfare organizations that care for unwanted dogs.
Dallas Dog Life strives to be the leading source of online information for Dallas-area dog lovers. At DallasDogLife.com, you’ll find:
- A comprehensive listing of local businesses and organizations that cater to dogs
- Events Calendar
- Rescue Groups
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Low Cost Vet Services
- Lost & Found Dogs
- Blog & News Postings
- Weekly Newsletter
DallasDogLife.com supports rescue & adoption, spay & neuter, and positive-based training, and advocates strongly against breed discrimination.
In order to ensure that information on DallasDogLife.com is consistent with these values, I ask all organizations to confirm the following before posting on the website or any DDL social media:
• My business or organization does not sell live animals;
• My business or organization does not restrict any services and/or products to any particular dog breeds, except in cases where restrictions apply to all dogs due to size or weight, or where restriction is imposed to a specific dog due to temperament;
• If applicable, the physical location of my business or organization does not restrict dogs of any particular breed to enter, except in cases where restrictions apply to all dogs due to size or weight, or where restriction is imposed to a specific dog due to temperament;
• My business or organization does not participate in activities that include the use of “shock” collars or other pain- or fear-based “training” techniques.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Please feel free to contact me and let me know how I can help to improve Dallas Dog Life.
As always, thanks for your support!
Yvonne Ybarra, Owner